Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Burns Family Reunion






This last week the family loaded up the car and headed to Hidden Spring Ranch in Altamont, UT to the Burns family reunion. While Altamont might not sound like the place to go for a good time, but believe us it is. This wasn't the first time we had been to the lodge since we went there for Christmas two years ago, but it is a lot more fun when it isn't freezing outside. We all stayed active swimming, paintballing, horsebackriding, shotguns shooting, playing sports and riding in paddle boats just to name a few things we did. It also made it nice since the kids were a little more familiar with some of the cousins this time. Brookley even did well health wise and only got sick the first morning while adjusting to the altitude. We did have oxygen with us though to help her feel better. We look forward to hopefully doing this again in two years.

4 comments:

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

I'm so glad things went well on this trip. No hospital drama is a good thing! Looks like it was a blast.

Oh and I voted in the poll. But I'd change things a little bit. I was torn between Janey and Hadlee. But I'd change the spellings of both. Janie (of course is my prefered way to spell it ;p ), and I know Hadlee is spelled that way to "honor" Chad, lol. But I really prefer Hadley. Although would that be too similar to Brookley then? Hmm I don't know, things to ponder.

So I realize I probably wasn't any help at all. Just think though, I eliminated Holland for you. I just don't like it with your last name, personally. Way too many L's going on there. And Chad you know you don't like nicknames, and someone in your family or circle of friends is sure to start calling her Holly. Just putting that out there. ;p

Hmm, that was really long winded. LOL

Laura Lee said...

Oh man! Can I borrow her oxygen next time I go to Utah?! It would totally be sweet! On a serious note, I'm so glad you are all having so much fun. That's a nice looking group of family and it's so much fun to see them all when you get the chance! I'm totally jealous! And....we missed you at church! Me and Erica have a funny 'massage' story to tell you when you get back!

The McCarthys said...

we vote for Holland, but only if her nickname is "Dutch" (Mike made me write this!)

Personally I like Janey, out of the three.

Fiagle Family said...

I'm glad that you didnt have a hospital stop this trip..but having a cast and oxygen I'm sure made up for the fun! Looks like so much fun. That cabin is awesome!