Sunday, January 11, 2009

Brookley's Birthday




Brookley kind of got two birthday's this year because for New Year's Aunt's Rhonda and Marcie and their families came down to California so we headed down there to Disneyland to spend the day with them. Unfortunately it was two days before Brookley's real birthday so we didn't get to take advantage of a free birthday. It was good to spend time with everybody but unfortunately Disneyland is very very busy on New Year's day so we didn't get to go on a whole lot of rides. Brookley and Evan did go on Splash Mountain for the first time though and really liked it.

Then for Brookley's real birthday we had a couple of friends and family over for pizza and cake. One thing that you can always count on though is that Brookley is always excited for a party, so she had a great time. We even discovered that next year all we have to get her is a mylar birthday balloon because she's still playing with that a week later.

I think the greatest thing about this birthday though was the fact that we went a whole year without an emergency room visit. She did break her elbow which wasn't fun but that was just a doctor office visit. Let's hope this year we don't even have a visit like that.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Brookley. Glad she had a good time. Hope you guys have a good 2009.

The Ball Family said...

I love Disneyland! Happy Birthday Brookley!

Rosalyn said...

Hope Brookley had a great birthday. It looked like she did. We miss you guys.

Leiah said...

So brave! I haven't gotten the courage up yet to take all my gang to disneyland yet! I keep telling Denim when she turns 7. So maybe next January! You have such a cute family!

Angie said...

Wil is going to work 8 days on 6 off in Minnesota for the next year. We are staying put. We will see what next...I bought a vinyl machine!

Krista and Byron said...

Hey Chad and Marcie and fam! Cute Kids!! I'm glad we finally connected after all this time. Krista started a blog but I don't know what it is yet. It seems like a great way to keep in touch. Have a great 2009!